Sunday, 25 November 2012

The Beauty Blogger Tag! ❤

Image: We Heart It... Edited by Me!

Hi Lovelies, I love a good old Tag Post, and after reading Liz aka Aspirations of Glam Tag Post I thought I would join in the Tagging fun too!

Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started blogging in January this year, and I must say the 3 Top Bloggers that really Inspired me to start blogging were: DizzyBrunette3, Tanya Burr and LLYMLRS.
I wanted to start blogging obviously because I love ALL things Hair, Makeup and Fashion and also because I loved reading other peoples blogs and really wanted to give people My own opinions on products and also to share my looks and advice.

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
I really can't choose from 1 as the 3 mentioned above were my 3 favourite blogs that I loved to read religiously before I started blogging.

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product you brought and was it worth the hype?
I think this was Argan Oil, Everyone was raving over Moroccan Oil and Argan Oil how it's really great for your hair... and yes it was!

What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?
1. Getting lovely comments when you've really helped someone out with a review etc on your blog.
2. All of the Beauty Bloggers, It's like we have our own little world out there and connect to it via our blogs... Plus all of the bloggers that I know are really lovely and down to earth.
3. The ideas I get for my blog posts, I get so many that I have to write them all down in my notebook, but then I find I have so many Ideas but little time to actually blog about them!
4. Trying out new beauty products... I would always go out and try new beauty products before I started blogging but now that I blog I find it gives me an excuse to go out and try out more products as I love trying them out and sharing my thoughts with the world!!
5. I just LOVE IT!
 
 
What have you learnt from being a blogger?
I've learnt that there are lots of girls out there like me that love to read reviews on products before purchasing them and that you just need to act yourself in your blog post's so then readers can connect to you better.
 
Have you changed anything since being a beauty blogger?
I've changed ALOT of my beauty regime for example my skincare routine has changed because I've found much better products to use and after a month of blogging I gradually started to fill my eyebrows in with an eyebrow pencil.... Yes it sounds a crazy/stupid answer but it's something that I didn't used to do before and now that I do fill in my eyebrows I don't know why I never used to before!

Soon I'm also going to change my camera, At the moment I'm just using my iPhone or a Digital Camera that I've got, but I've currently got my eye on a Canon 600D... That will be on my Christmas List to Santa!! Ha

What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
  • The main thing is to be yourself... Always give a genuine opinion on any products that you try out.
  • Give your blog a makeover... Looks are everything when it comes to blogs, It might take a little time, but get your blog looking how you want it to as soon as you can as it will attract more readers if it looks more appealing.
  • Social media is a MUST!... I'm on Twitter: @sarah22xoxo Instagram: Ohhsoglam and I'm also on Bloglovin, Hellocotton, Pinterest and probably many more! Social networks are great places to promote your new blog posts and to maybe gain a few extra readers.
Name your top 5 brands.
 Clinique
Dior
Models Own
Aussie
Loreal
 
Recommend your top 5 beauty products. 
  1. Clinique Even Better Foundation, Gives a perfect coverage without making the skin look too overloaded with makeup.
  2. Gel Eyeliner... I can't live without it!
  3. Models Own nail varnishes are a favourite as they are quick drying and last for ages on my nails.
  4. All of the Aussie haircare products, They all do what they say on the bottle and all smell amazing.
  5. Loreal Caresse Lipstick in 03 Lovely Rose is one of my favourite lip colours and it gives a gorgeous gloss texture to your lips.
 
Thank you for reading my Tag Post and if you decide to do this Tag Post too then let me know in the comments below.
 

     
     
 
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love this tag Hun www.elledeesbeauty.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this tag is so cute, I started my blog because of Corrie and Lily too! xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig