Monday, 11 November 2013

Autumn/Winter Nail Polish Picks...


L-R & T-B Models Own Artstix Terra Crystal, Models Own Velvet Goth Valerian, Rimmel Space Dust Aurora, Kelly Brook Mermaid Song & Barry M Matte Espresso.

Hi Everyone! As we are long into Autumn, and Winter is slowly creeping up on us, I thought I would put together some of my favourite nail polishes for A/W13.
In previous years I haven't really been keen on darker nail polishes but this year I have surprised myself with some of my choices!

Models Own Artstix - Terra Crystal. I have a love/hate relationship with this nail polish. First of all I'm not a fan of brown nail polishes and when I first saw this combination in the bottle I thought how will this work together? But add Pink Crystal to your Terra Firma base coat and I think you have a rather random combination that works! The pink hexes and sliver glitter add a touch of girlie-ness to the boring brown base coat and turn your nails into pretty party-season nails, with a difference!

Models Own Velvet Goth - Valerian. This is a rich bottle blue colour which is also textured and has a matte finish (bang on trend for this season). I wasn't really keen on the textured nail polishes to start off with but I think the darker shades look great and this shade is so pretty with it's bright blue glitter particles that are in it.

Rimmel Space Dust - Aurora. Everyone needs a little sparkle during the winter party seasons and I think this shade is the perfect accompaniment to that LBD! Aurora is a really pretty peachy-pink & silver shade which also contains micro shimmer and chunky glitters to give a full on textured sparkle finish.

Kelly Brook Nail Polish - Mermaid Song. While shopping in New Look the other day this gorgeous nail polish caught my eye near the tills. It's such a different colour and nothing like any shade that I own. I'd say it's like a deep teal/green colour with an added emerald sparkle. It looks pretty on the nails and also an on trend colour for this season.

Barry M Matte Nail Paint - Espresso. Matte nail polishes are one of the top trends for this season and I think everyone should own a black nail polish as they can look really simple yet sophisticated on your nails. But for this season matte black nails look great with an accent gloss nail or even with added gold embellishments. I also love how I can leave the nail polish as it is for a matte finish or add a top coat to make it glossy. It's like having two nail polishes in one!

What do you think of my A/W picks? What are your favourite nail polishes for A/W13?


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. The Kelly Brook one looks amazing! Very Christmas-sy as well :) xx
    Shona | freshbeautyxox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Rimmel Space Dust polishes I'm currently wearing the Luna Love one!

    Holly x

    impatience-is-a-virtue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all pretty, but the Kelly Brook one would be my first choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loving Rimmel Space Dust! & also really like the Barry M Matte one. It looks so cool :-) great post!

    Caitlin
    caitacrawford.blogspot.co.uk
    - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely polishes! The Kelly Brooke one is my favourite. I had no idea that New Look sold makeup. I will be having a look next time I am in there
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea that New Look sold their own range of nail polishes, I'll have to have a sneaky look next time I go. The Space Dust Aurora one looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your choice of colours. Do you have a review of any of the low toxin polishes, like Jacava London? I'm into all things healthy at the moment and I like their colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the Rimmel Space Dust Aurora & Kelly Brook Mermaid Song colours.

    Great selection of AW 13 colours!

    xx

    Kyle

    http://bykaile.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Ohh So Glam. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig